Rising from the Ashes

Hero - Super Cell

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Losing Precious Things




This week has been a little hard for me because I'm constantly feeling an ache on my hands and on my fingers. I'm not sure if this is something serious but i've been experiencing these "aches" since a year ago. My friends often tease me that is a sign of aging or any joke related to age, because they always tease me about that. Well i guess, it's me abusing my hands and it made me feel...somehow agitated on things that i won't be able to do without them.

As a freelance article writer/blogger, it pains me to say this but my hands are my assets. If something happens to them then....that would mean "BIG" trouble for me because i won't be able to do my work.

This also reminds me of my visit to the hospital a few days ago to see how my old friend "Elsie" was doing. She has been hospitalized for more than 2 weeks already and at first she thought that it was due to "kidney stone". Half of her body is paralyzed (lower half) and she can't move them at all. She said that the doctors disagree that it was a kidney stone because, kidney stones don't cause your lower half to be paralyzed.

The test results will be coming out in a few days and they believe that it has something to do with "spinal chord injury". I'm sure that she's really scared of hearing the worst case scenario for her and i hope that it doesn't come down to that.

She told me that she can't imagine herself being unable to walk again and that scares her a lot. She has a daughter and without her legs, she won't be able to support her "financially" because she won't be able to work. I tried to encourage her and i hope that I managed to ease her troubles, even for a little while.

I know that life is not meant to be easy and sometimes, it can be really hard for other people. Sometimes, we can only appreciate the simple pleasures in life like walking, seeing, hearing, talking until we lose the ability to do so. I pray that she will be able to recover from her dilemma and me to recover from my hand problems, which she told me might be "osteo arthritis" or something. Well she is a nurse herself and she's more knowledgeable, when it comes to these things when compared to me.

Well, i hope that things will get better in the near future and i pray that all our troubles will be solved in good time.

No anime reviews for this week guys, my hands and fingers are still aching and typing this post has already taken its toll on me.

Till next time...

Keep the Flames Burning!

No comments: