Rising from the Ashes

Hero - Super Cell

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Highschool Friends and Talks about the Future




My highschool friends visited me today (around 4:45 am in the morning to be exact) and it took me by surprise. They came from a party and decided to drop by, to get some shut eye. My Best friend from highschool (Gary) and I had some serious talk about things that are happening in his life and once again it made me realize how time changed him completely. Yeah~ we were on the "might have's" and "should have been's" type of discussion and when this kind of talk happens....well even a "guy" like him can have his "Emo" moments.

He already has a son and has some problems regarding his family and has other issues as well. But, that didn't prevent us from drinking some alcohol (drinking alcohol at that time, when i should still be sleeping!) while talking about our plans for the future. At first, our talk was quite random. We talked about a lot of things. Like things that happened in the past, mistakes, faults and future plans. He said that he's going to do his best so he can go abroad after 4 years and I wished i could have encouraged him more, in what he wanted to do.

When he told me about his plans for the next four years of his life i told him this "Gary....it's impossible. You won't be able to make that happen". Of course, he good naturedly admitted that it's not going to be easy. I mean, it's not that i think that it's a little too late for the thing that he wanted to accomplish. For me, knowing him....it's impossible. Of course, that is my opinion and he said that some of his friends also said the same thing to him.

Like i said, i wished i could have given him encouragement...but i just can't do it. Maybe, i'm getting old myself and when you come to that age, practicality can sometimes cloud your judgement. I too have things that i want to accomplish and i think that my own plan is not full proof as well. But then again, i know that i can do it because i know myself more than anyone else. Maybe, i gave my best friend far too little credit and doubted his abilities to pursue his dreams and give his son a better future. Maybe four years is not as far fetched as it seems for what he wanted to accomplish. My own plan is worth three years to prepare and it may also seem impossible, if viewed by other people. I guess our own dreams and aspirations can only be done by the person that wields them.

What is that saying again?
If your mind can conceive it and your heart can believe it. You will definitely and without a doubt...achieve it
.

Will the universe really pull its strings to make our wildest dreams come true, if we go all the way to make it happen? I don't know.
But miracles do happen.

When someone thinks of impossible things, they give up and they stop to do it. When they realize that others had already done it and it's not as impossible as they first imagined it would be, then they give it another chance. People really are fickle. Sometimes they go with the flow...sometimes they fight it.

Maybe the only thing that i said to my bestfriend worth mentioning is this phrase "As long as you are alive, then i guess it's possible".

Thinking back...the happiest time in my life was when i was still in highschool. It was crazy, it was wacky (we even find ourselves dancing in front of the class from time to time during our lunch breaks). We go to different places, hang out to each other's homes and live our youth to its fullest. Seriously, sometimes i wish that we could go back to those carefree days of our lives.

I don't really like to put my nose on other people's business and how they live their lives. But, i do hope that HE of all people can find the happiness that he deserve in life.

I'll post a review next time.

Till then...

Keep the Flames Burning!

No comments: